By default, SSI ratios are based on the Federal Fiscal year end (10/01 – 09/30) and are generally published annually by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Current CMS regulations allow for a hospital to request to have its Medicare fraction or SSI ratio recalculated based on the hospital’s cost reporting period where different from the Federal fiscal year. Hospitals should review annually whether they may benefit from an SSI realignment.
***CAUTION: If not analyzed properly, a recalculation could actually harm the hospital by decreasing reimbursement.***SCA will do the heavy lifting:
- Order CMS' routine use data detail
- Patient-level detail data reconciliation
- Determine actual reimbursement impact
- Request recalculation on provider's behalf
- Work with the hospital's MAC to issue a new DSH percentage
Request your provider(s) proposal ⇒